Long Motor Corporation ,dba LMC Truck, mission has been to “Keep’em on The Road.”® As a leader in the automotive parts industry LMC provides restoration, maintenance, and customization parts as the parent company for LMC Truck. With over 40,000 parts in stock, LMC prides itself in customer service and providing the “right part… right price… right now.”™ LMC offers a wide variety of parts and accessories for Chevy & GMC Truck, Ford Trucks and Dodge Trucks. We are proud to be a part of your journey to help keep your vehicle on the road for many generations to come. Our mission is to provide quality parts at the best value in the market and to help people “Restore… Maintain … Customize”® cars and trucks.
The Purchasing Agent (Buyer) is responsible for buying supply product for departments across Long Motor Corporation while negotiating vendor contracts, evaluating vendors, verifying, preparing and forwarding purchase orders, and authorizing payments.
Essential Duties / Responsibilities:
- Verifies purchase requisitions by comparing items requested to master list
- clarifying unclear items
- recommending alternatives.
- Responsible for all departments within the corporation with specific emphasis on warehouse supply products.
- Forwards available inventory items by verifying stock; scheduling delivery.
- Prepares purchase orders by verifying specifications and price; obtaining recommendations from suppliers for substitute items; obtaining approval from requisitioning department.
- Obtains purchased items by forwarding orders to suppliers; monitoring and expediting orders.
- Verifies receipt of items by comparing items received to items ordered; resolves shipments in error with suppliers.
- Authorizes payment for purchases by forwarding receiving documentation.
- Keeps information accessible by sorting and filing documents.
- Provides purchasing planning and control information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
- Accomplishes purchasing and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Must have flexibility to vary work hours based on business need
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
Education & Experience:
- 3 to 5 years of purchasing experience, required.
- Extensive knowledge of distribution warehouse supply product. Strong negotiation skills, required.
- Experience handling $1 million+ budget.
- Experience with supply management, tracking budget expenses, vendor relationships, organization, customer service, maintaining accurate documentation, manufacturing methods and procedures, manufacturing quality, cost accounting, and control engineering
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to move throughout the building, including the warehouse
- Ability to speak to and hear employees, customers, vendors, and co-workers
- Ability to bend/lift up to 25 lbs. , climb step ladders, and have use of arms, fingers, and legs
Perks of the Job:
- Positive, friendly work environment
- Family-friendly company events
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance, available after 60 days
- Paid Personal/Sick Leave, available after 90 days
- Paid Vacation available after 90 days
- 401(k) plan with competitive employer match, available after 90 days
- Pay: From $50,000.00 per year
- Schedule: 8 hour shift (Monday to Friday)
- Microsoft Excel: 3 years (Preferred)
- Purchasing: 3 years (Preferred)
- Negotiation: 3 years (Preferred)